Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Dream

I had a dream last night . . . 

I was in a cave, glancing at my angel's face, wondering what we were doing there. 
"I have to leave you," he whispered.
And then he disappeared, leaving me alone in that dreary cave. 
I rushed after him in the darkness, not knowing where I was headed
I yelled, but it was pointless, I was alone. Alone again.
Exhaustion took over my limbs and I drifted into a long sleep.

I was awaken by a soft breeze that caressed my hair
I looked around and there were trees as tall as sky scrapers.
I wondered how long I'd been in this Forrest and how I got here. 
A voice called out to me. It was familiar, it was angelic, it was his. 
"You left me," I struggled to get out. "Alone in that cave." 
He smiled, "I would never leave you," he whispered in my ear, "For I will always be with you, in the darkest of caves, in the brightest of meadows. I will always be with you."
He kissed my forehead and glided off.

"I will always be with you," his words lingered in my head as I woke up this morning to the rain thumping against my window . . . "I will always be with you. . ."

No comments: