Monday, November 3, 2008

A Faith Resorted

I went to church yesterday, on my own accord. Not because it was my cousin's daughter's baptism, or because my mother was forcing to me to go. I went to support my friend Adam conduct the church choir and also because it's a gay friendly church; the pastor is gay. So I figured it might be something exciting to experience. I also had a small agenda, I figured that there might be cute boys at Church (and I was right). 

Sitting there, listening to his sermon I realized that the reason I had distanced myself from God and the church has been a stupid one. I always believed that God didn't love me because I was gay...I know...I know...I said the reason was stupid. But when Pastor Phillip said that 'God loves all his children..." I believed him...for the first time in my life I believed him. Not sure if it was because Pastor Phillip is gay and coming from another gay man's lips it's actually real.  

Maybe my faith is resorted a little bit...one thing I know is that I'm going to return on Sunday. I liked being there, it's not like your typical church that I'm use to. This is good for me right now. I need to hold on to something...I need to believe that there is something more than this...

No comments: